Health and Safety Plan
Mask Policy Update as of March 10, 2022
As many of you know, COVID-19 case numbers and risk of serious disease from Covid-19 has rapidly declined over recent weeks in our area. Consistent with the revised guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and guidance from local public health officials in Summit County, we believe it is time to transition away from required masking within Akron ArtWorks studio.
Starting Wednesday, March 10, 2022, masks will no longer be required in our building. However, staff, students, and visitors who wish to continue wearing a mask are encouraged to do so. If you are having a private event at the studio, like a birthday party and you would like for your guests to wear masks, please let us know and we can require masks by all persons for your private event. We will also once again be allowing food to be consumed during private events like birthday parties and during lunch time and snack time during camps.
The studio will continue to monitor cases locally. We reserve the right to adjust this policy in the future as needed to ensure the health and safety of our students, staff, and community. We will continue to be guided by public health experts in our decision making and we will, of course, always keep you, our community, informed of that process.
Mask Policy as of June 1, 2021
The staff at Akron ArtWorks have developed a plan to safely welcome everyone back to The Studio in June 2021! In order to keep everyone healthy please do not come in to the studio if students are feeling ill including but not limited to fever or cough. They will need to return to home for the health and safety of everyone!
In order to ensure the health and safety of our students and our staff we have implemented the following policies:
- Total class/camp sizes will be limited to a maximum of Studio A: 14-16 students and Studio B: 8-10 students, to ensure safe distancing. Total for the building is 30 persons.
- Students will be assigned to specific work-spaces at least 6-8ft apart. There will be sufficient room for them to work sitting or standing comfortably (see schematic).
- There will be no sharing of materials/art supplies. Students will receive personal material kits for use over the duration of camps/classes. Materials will be safely filled and stored in the studio until the camp/class is over then students can take material kits home.
- Face coverings are required for students and staff. We will provide to those in need at no charge.
- Staff are required to wear gloves. Gloves are optional for students (but are provided).
- All work-spaces, sinks, restrooms, and other touchable surfaces will be sanitized before and after each class/camp.
- For camp students with longer duration activities. Each student will take breaks outdoor under supervision in groups of 2-3 to give them a chance to stretch/snack at a safe distance.
- Pick-up of materials for online camps/classes is scheduled and curbside only.
- Staff will be required to wear a facemask and gloves.
- Staff are monitored daily for health and provided with paid sick leave.
- Staff will carry out studio cleaning procedures before and after each class/camp to include sanitizing work-spaces, sinks, restrooms, and other touchable surfaces.
What you can do to help you stay healthy:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. An alcohol-based sanitizer can be used if soap and water are not available.
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with your arm or with a tissue, throwing the tissue away.