Health and Safety Plan
Mask Policy Update as of March 10, 2022
As many of you know, COVID-19 case numbers and risk of serious disease from Covid-19 has rapidly declined over recent weeks in our area. Consistent with the revised guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and guidance from local public health officials in Summit County, we believe it is time to transition away from required masking within Akron ArtWorks studio.
Starting Wednesday, March 10, 2022, masks will no longer be required in our building. However, staff, students, and visitors who wish to continue wearing a mask are encouraged to do so. If you are having a private event at the studio, like a birthday party and you would like for your guests to wear masks, please let us know and we can require masks by all persons for your private event. We will also once again be allowing food to be consumed during private events like birthday parties and during lunch time and snack time during camps.
The studio will continue to monitor cases locally. We reserve the right to adjust this policy in the future as needed to ensure the health and safety of our students, staff, and community. We will continue to be guided by public health experts in our decision making and we will, of course, always keep you, our community, informed of that process.
- Staff will carry out studio cleaning procedures before and after each class/camp to include sanitizing work-spaces, sinks, restrooms, and other touchable surfaces.
What you can do to help you stay healthy:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. An alcohol-based sanitizer can be used if soap and water are not available.
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with your arm or with a tissue, throwing the tissue away.