Health and Safety Plan
The staff at Akron ArtWorks have developed a plan to safely welcome everyone back to The Studio in June! In order to keep everyone healthy please do not come in to the studio if students are feeling ill including but not limited to fever or cough. They will need to return to home for the health and safety of everyone!
In order to ensure the health and safety of our students and our staff we have implemented the following policies:
- Total class/camp sizes will be limited to a maximum of Studio A: 14-16 students and Studio B: 8-10 students, to ensure safe distancing. Total for the building is 30 persons.
- Students will be assigned to specific work-spaces at least 6-8ft apart. There will be sufficient room for them to work sitting or standing comfortably (see schematic).
- There will be no sharing of materials/art supplies. Students will receive personal material kits for use over the duration of camps/classes. Materials will be safely filled and stored in the studio until the camp/class is over then students can take material kits home.
- Face coverings are required for students and staff. We will provide to those in need at no charge.
- Staff are required to wear gloves. Gloves are optional for students (but are provided).
- All work-spaces, sinks, restrooms, and other touchable surfaces will be sanitized before and after each class/camp.
- For camp students with longer duration activities. Each student will take breaks outdoor under supervision in groups of 2-3 to give them a chance to stretch/snack at a safe distance.
- Pick-up of materials for online camps/classes is scheduled and curbside only.
- Staff will be required to wear a facemask and gloves.
- Staff are monitored daily for health and provided with paid sick leave.
- Staff will carry out studio cleaning procedures before and after each class/camp to include sanitizing work-spaces, sinks, restrooms, and other touchable surfaces.
What you can do to help you stay healthy:
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick.
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. An alcohol-based sanitizer can be used if soap and water are not available.
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with your arm or with a tissue, throwing the tissue away.